Upon the Seas Documentary
Take a step back in time and experience the way life was in the Cayman Islands
Upon the Seas
Produced by Doren Miller
Property of the Cayman Islands National Museum
Duration: 48 minutes, 12 seconds
1. What year did Christopher Columbus' son sight the Cayman Islands? Do you think that people were living here prior to?
2. What do the symbols on the Coat of Arms represent? What would you include or remove from the current Coat of Arms?
3. Who was the first nominated woman to sit in the Legislative Assembly?
4. Who were the first recorded settlers in the Cayman Islands?
5. The oldest standing building in the Cayman Islands is _______________, and was built using slave labour.
6. What were the common materials used to construct homes in the Cayman Islands?
7. Cayman's endemic Silver Thatch Palm was used to make many things. List a few of those items.
8. What was your favourite part of this documentary and why?
Children & Toddlers
1. What shapes and letters can you spot in these pictures. Draw your favourite scene from this documentary.